[OSM-dev] 0.5 API: /api/0.5/user/preferences, values truncated to 256 chars

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:11:40 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> Then it might be better to never use any argument as 'wait till 0.6'
>> because it could take till March...
>
> May I remind everyone that my initial estimate for 0.6 was "Mid-May" ;-)

Open Source, volunteers everywhere with varying amounts of time -
always best to avoid specifying the year :-)

Which is also the point with "setting" a "deadline". I don't believe
that the existance of a date, whether that's next wednesday, christmas
or january 31st, would have any impact on the actual work being done
in a small volunteer community. We can estimate when it'll be ready,
and more help will help things happen quicker, but apart from that a
deadline would just make a nice whooshing sound as it went by.

Cheers,
Andy

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they go by. "
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams#Time