[OSM-dev] Slow Osmosis

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Nov 30 01:09:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

Stefan de Konink wrote:
> But if he first uncompresses the data basically osmosis looses its main
> argument to be superior to any other approach.

Nobody ever claimed osmosis was superior to any other approach. To me,
Osmosis is the Swiss Army Knife of OSM - it can do almost anything and
I'm glad to have it. It is obvious that if all you ever want is using
screws then even though the Swiss Army Knife will do it, a screwdriver
is probably more suitable. But that doesn't diminish the value of the
Swiss Army Knife.

Bye
Frederik