[OSM-dev] OT: generate_tiles.py generates blank images

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Wed Oct 1 21:54:48 BST 2008

On 1 Oct 2008, at 21:02, Jon Burgess wrote:

> If you want to generate tiles which have a z/x/y matching the default
> OSM / Google ones then you'll need to change the map SRS to be like:
>
> <Map bgcolor="#b5d0d0" srs="+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137
> +lat_ts=0.0
> +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0 +k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +no_defs
> +over">

That's giving me actual output, great. I think I've buggered up
generate_tiles with some of my debugging code tho, specifically around
where the tile is outputted but I"ll have a look at that tomorrow.
Much happier now I'm getting something I can look. One thing I forgot
to mention is that the source data is OSGB (or British National Grid
if you prefer) and I'm attempting to re-project on the fly, but
hopefully that shouldn't matter.

John