[OSM-dev] Duplicated nodes in Potlatch

DavidD thewinch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:52:17 BST 2008

2008/10/5 David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com>:

> And this underestimates it because Potlatch replaces any created_by's on
> objects originally created by JOSM, but JOSM doesn't replace Potlatch's
> created_by's.

The underestimation is probably worse than that as JOSM stoped
creating created_by's at all a while ago.

I'm not at all familiar with the JOSM codebase but it looks like the
changes in OsmServerWriter.java here are the cause.
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/changeset/633
Now only the changeset gets a created_by tag but since api 0.6 isn't
hear yet I guess they just get ignored.

So anybody using josm-latest that is less than 5 months old won't be
adding created_by tags at all.

--
DavidD