[OSM-dev] Duplicated nodes in Potlatch

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Mon Oct 6 09:58:46 BST 2008

> > Merkaartor systematically overwrite the "created_by" when doing changes
> on
> > the server (after having followed a similar thread).
> Uhm i also do exactly this: I only overwrite. If there's no created_by tag
> in an object
> i am modifying i also won't create the created_by tag. What does Merkaartor
> do in this
> case?

It creates/updates the "created_by" in all instances. Creation/Modification
(and even deletion, although I don't know if there is a point), already
present or not.

The point is to unequivocally be sure that Merkaartor touched the features
the last. If a problem occurred before Merkaartor, history is our friend.