[OSM-dev] Auto closing of changesets in API 0.6

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 11:13:00 BST 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Enforcing the expiry or closing of changesets gives us the chance to
> know for sure that certain changesets - most, actually - are "complete"
> and will not change anymore; you can then say for sure: "user so-and-so
> made the following changes in changeset so-and-so".

I'm also with Frederik on this one - I wouldn't want a notification
application to keep emailing me about what people are doing halfway
through a changeset - therefore, it would be better to know when
changesets are done and dusted.

Which was one of the main driving points behind changesets - they are
the foundation for some proposed anti-vandalism work ("monitoring and
rollback" was the project moniker), as well as the db efficiency stuff
Matt referred to.

Cheers,
Andy