[OSM-dev] Conflict with 0.6 wiki page and JOSM implementation

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:24:46 BST 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Shaun McDonald
<shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems that according
> to:http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6#Modifications_related_to_the_abovewhen you
> upload a node, way or relation, the version that was downloaded, should be
> in the xml of the upload too. However JOSM is sending
> old_version.

Well actually, that was deliberate (I wrote that code). Basically, the
client sending "version" is wrong because what's being uploaded is not
that version at all. If anything "version" should be "old_version"+1
but that's even more confusing.

AIUI the server currently expects "old_version", or is that not true?

Have a nice day,