[OSM-dev] way 7062297, is this new?

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 9 21:18:44 BST 2008

Hugh Barnes [mailto:list.osm at hughbris.com] wrote:
>Sent: 09 October 2008 1:08 PM
>To: dev at openstreetmap.org
>Cc: Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
>Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] way 7062297, is this new?
>
>On Thursday 09 October 2008 18:56:42 Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
>wrote:
>> Duplicate keys were perfectly valid
>> then and indeed I recall we discussed how we might use duplication for
>> tagging purposes. It was only the lack of support in the editors that
>> stopped duplication in its tracks.
>
>OK, so sounds like the editors didn't share the vision here. What were some
>of
>the use cases you came up with? Do they still apply?

We are talking years ago now ;-) thus you won't be surprised I can't recall
specific ideas. Maybe a trawl of the list would throw something up. But then
again since it's been pointed out that only 35 current cases exist and I
haven't seen a great clamouring for duplicate capability I suspect we can
simply ignore and move on.

Cheers

Andy