[OSM-dev] way 7062297, is this new?

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Fri Oct 10 18:26:49 BST 2008

Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> writes:

> - I assumed that editors like JOSM, and their behavior was consistent
> and there is absolutely no useful use of duplicate keys.

Actually, the editors are pretty consistent in not supporting
duplicate keys, but that doesn't mean that this wouldn't be useful.

I hope nobody disputes that multiple values for one key can be very
useful.  The question is how this should be implemented.

IMHO, the most naturally implementation is to allow duplicate keys.  I
consider delimited strings an acceptable workaround.  Especially when
it is relied upon the user to do the delimiting.

On a second thought, most duplicate values could be avoided by using
relations.

Matthias