[OSM-dev] Complete OSM history for bounding rect

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Oct 14 10:58:57 BST 2008

Hi,

On 14.10.2008, at 10:26, Tomas Kolda wrote:
> is it possible to get complete history for area?

No, there is no API call that offers that. Also, we had a major
structural change in the way we store ways in the autumn of 2007, so
there is no way history before that date.

If you want historic data, you will have to grab old planet files
from planet.openstreetmap.org and process them. (This still doesn't
give you full history because you will miss changes that were changed
again between two planet dumps.)

Bye
Frederik