[OSM-dev] 0.6 API hack-a-thon Date

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Tue Oct 14 14:47:39 BST 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 10:18, Brett Henderson wrote:

> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>> [..]
>>
>> Ideally we need to have all the main editors and osm tools ready
>> for the 0.6 API transition by the time the 0.6 API goes live in
>> November. As things currently stand, you can use JOSM, with a clean
>> checkout of the api06 branch.
> Is there any test osm data in 0.6 format available?  Or do you have
> to migrate a 0.5 database to 0.6?  I should knock over the remaining
> osmosis changes to support 0.6.  Everything is done except for the
> the mysql tasks which are arguably the most important because
> they're used for changesets.

The migrations are one of the things that need to be tested, they
currently work on an empty database. They also need to be updated for
duplicate keys in the tags of nodes, ways and relations.

It would be excellent to have someone test the migration (especially
if they have history data). Also documenting the process of upgrading
a database from 0.5 to 0.6 when using osmosis.

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/planet.osm/perl/planetosm-to-db.pl
  will also need to be updated to 0.6, would anyone like to update the
script?

Shaun