[OSM-dev] 0.6 API hack-a-thon Date

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Tue Oct 14 17:16:39 BST 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 17:04, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Shaun McDonald
> <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:
>> It is basically the current format with each node, way  and relation
>> containing the following 3 additional fields changeset="nn",
>> version="nn",
>> uid="nn". uid is the user.id.
>
> I musta missed a step. I thought the user id was going to be in the
> changeset. The idea was to simply rename the uid field to
> changesetid...

I was talking about the format of the Planet.osm or XML from the API.

What you say is correct in terms of the database (the uid field will
be renamed to changeset_id). The API however will still be returning
the user and also the uid and changeset_id from API 0.6, so that it
doesn't break too many things, or require the need to get each
changeset, for the user information.

For example JOSM has the author's panel. This would break if we were
to suddenly drop the use from the map request.

Shaun