[OSM-dev] 0.6 API hack-a-thon Date

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Oct 16 09:23:20 BST 2008

Shaun McDonald wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that when you import the planet [extract] into
> mysql using osmosis it will populate the history tables for you, and
> with each changeset, will add to the history, updating the current
> tables? I've not yet had a need to use osmosis.
That's right, every change will add history.  It's been a long time
since I tested it though ... hopefully it hasn't broken.

Pretty sure it will work but let me know if you (or anybody) tries it
and has problems.  From memory it doesn't replicate user name
information though.  I intend to fix this up when I create the 0.6 version.