[OSM-dev] gpsbabel functionality in java

Subhodip Biswas subhodipbiswas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:58:46 BST 2008

hi !

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Hakan Tandogan <hakan at gurkensalat.com> wrote:
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>>> Wasn't there a plugin for Josm that implemented talking to gpsbabel.
>>
>> Yup:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Subhodip/GSoC_Doc
>
> There are no sources in that archive. Time to whip out the trusty old
> jad decompiler ;-)

sorry missed the conversation .. sources are available at
http://google-summer-of-code-2008-streetmap.googlecode.com/files/Subhodip_Biswas.tar.gz

sorry ,,my isp is blocking svn ..so was unable to commit .

> Are there really no pure java re-implementations of the distance filter?
> System.exec()'ing the gpsbabel binary is only a little bit nicer than
> simply running it from a shell script...

well ..the intention was to create active layer directly from gpsbabel
... so stress was on the layer so did a gui wrapper over gpsbabel .