[OSM-dev] Lean and mean Tile- and XML-API-Server

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Thu Oct 30 11:52:29 GMT 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Shaun McDonald wrote:

> Um, you have significantly modified the table schema compared to what
> the main osm db uses. What have you done to the ways?

The initial work removed all the was and only required nodes and relations
to function. While it was still able to output node, ways and relations in
the OSM way. Because I cannot give this idea momentum I have changed it
back. Due to the id collisions that will happen... but in essence; the
complete way structure can be rewritten with a relation that has a
relation_tag with a way key.

Anyhow the version that is now in the VM and online there has the insert
code from 'osmparser'. This will output the database schema, and code, and
is compatible with the current model.

Stefan