[OSM-dev] Boundary data

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Fri Oct 31 10:19:24 GMT 2008

On Thu, October 30, 2008 23:11, Roland Olbricht wrote:
> way passes a point where three countries meet, there is no way to note the

Standard solution: split the border :-)

> A possible solution would be to have instead of b) a relation which
> contains all the tags of b) and as members all ways that constitute the
> border of that country. A good example would be relation 47796 for the
> Netherlands.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/relation/47796

This looks like a job for a robot that collects automatically creates the
necessary relation. That would allow us to split long stretches of border
lines into shorter parts (think potlatch users here).

I already have seen / created border "ways" that span hundreds of
kilometers :-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...