[OSM-dev] Ways with 40k nodes, was: osmosis pgsql schema

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:42:40 GMT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:
> Matt Amos wrote:
>> i don't understand what you mean by a pyramid shape. the relations
>> would be returned in the same order, regardless of the role tag,
>> right? and you're not merging subtrees...?
>
> My proposal would be merging subtrees, so they can store an highway with
> 80km/h 100km/h zones in one relation as part of two subtrees (as
> optimalisation), or multiple subtrees for each zone found.

very interesting... so are the subtrees explicitly merged (i.e: merged
subtrees are marked "deleted" and no longer individually addressable)
or implicitly (i.e: if A and B are subtrees of C, then i can ask for
A, B or C and update any one of them and see the changes reflected in
the other)?

cheers,

matt