[OSM-dev] Update osm2pgsql patch mode

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Sep 1 11:45:03 BST 2008

Brett Henderson wrote:
> Matt Amos wrote:
>> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>>
>>> In any case, the patch applying is fast enough as it is once its going
>>> so maybe I'll make the modify-instead-of-add the default for the time
>>> being until a better implementation comes along.
>>>

>> yep. works for me here :-)
>>
>> daily diff with create-as-modify import took 1h10m, which is awesome.
>>
>> the only problem now is trying to import the 28-29 diff because of
>> the UTF8 truncation issue. is the easiest way to deal with this just
>> to wait for next week's planet? i imagine the alternative is fiddling
>> around with the diffs by hand to make the string valid?
>>
> Give me about half an hour and I'll have a new one ...

Okay, it was nearly finished so took less time than expected.

TomH has fixed the dodgy record in the database and I've re-created the
problematic daily and hourly changeset files.  The minute changeset had
already been deleted so if anybody is waiting on one of those they'll
have to catch up with daily files.

If anybody sees any further problems please let me now.

Cheers,
Brett