[OSM-dev] OSM server installation - problems with create

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Thu Sep 4 08:25:03 BST 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 12:09:24AM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Rogier Wolff wrote:
>
> > The weird thing is: It apparently doesn't check for memory allocation
> > return codes for a while before it notices that it's out of memory.
>
> Ever heard of garbage collection? You know, that thing where when a
> memory allocation fails the language does some cleanup and then has
> another go? Think that might explain what you're seeing...

You're right. You got me there. I didn't think about garbage
collection!

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **