[OSM-dev] osmosis, tee and bounding boxes

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 19:09:39 BST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to split an OSM file into 4 regions defined by bounding
boxes. When I use the following command line options:

    --read-xml output.osm
    --tee 4
    --bounding-box left=15 top=46 right=17 bottom=45
    --bounding-box left=15 bottom=46 right=17 top=47
    --bounding-box right=15 top=46 left=13 bottom=45
    --bounding-box right=15 bottom=46 left=13 top=47
    --write-xml SloveniaGarminSE.osm
    --write-xml SloveniaGarminNE.osm
    --write-xml SloveniaGarminSW.osm
    --write-xml SloveniaGarminNW.osm

I get 3 files with identical content and one with no OSM data inside
(SloveniaGarminSE.osm).
But if I call osmosis for each region separately (without using the -tee
option), it works as it is supposed to.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

Igor

--
http://igorbrejc.net