[OSM-dev] [gsoc] Initial realease of the i18n branch of rails_port

Arindam Ghosh makghosh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 04:10:43 BST 2008

Hi all,

Now, we have a working i18n branch for the osm rails_port. This setup
is done by using globalize and click-to-globalize plugins. As of now
all/most strings of website can be translated using the present
translation interface. We even have l10n statistics, translation
update feeds and more...

svn branch: [http://svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port_branches/i18n/]

Wikipage describing the features:
[http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Internationalization]

More detailed writeup: [http://makghosh.googlepages.com/gsoc-writeup.pdf]

So discussions are open regarding merging this branch into the trunk
in near future. There were some recent changes in the existing
rails_port, that can be updated in the branch before the merge.

Also, there are more things in the todo section of the wikipage that
require more discussions for improving the l10n experience, especially
the "l10n admin" part to start with. That is if we can have some l10n
administrators to add/remove translators or more admin/co-ordinators,
technically it should be easy...but how it would be best done calls
for discussion.

cheers,

Arindam

--