[OSM-dev] [gsoc] Initial realease of the i18n branch of rails_port

Arindam Ghosh makghosh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 05:45:24 BST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:04 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:

> I'm about to head off overseas for three weeks, so it merging it is probably
> going to have to wait until after that as I need to review the changes
> first.

that's cool...not a problem.

> I'll have a read of your writeup, but can I just ask how this interacts with
> the i18n support that is coming in rails 2.2?

Well though the current setups done using globalize plugin, it is not
completely averse to the rails i18n gem that's being developed
recently. But i need to test the rails-i18n gem more regarding the
features and all that. The good thing is, by the time osm rails-port
is ported to rails-2.2, the i18n gem will mature a lot and ease our
work of analysis.

For now globalize rocks... :)

cheers,
Arindam