[OSM-dev] Laser Sfera Street View Technology for Mapping Party Varese 2008 20/9/08

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 12 23:39:39 BST 2008

Cool. So is your plan to get us volunteers to use and map where you've been,
then you get the OSM data to display with it for the rest of the public? Or
do you plan to do all the mapping yourself?

I would definitely like to have a go and try mapping from that data. The
excitement will probably wear out after a while but I might dedicate myself
to do something like an hour a month. But it's likely it could all be done
really quickly if enough people do a little amount, the beauty of crowd
sourcing, he he.

In terms of the tool...
- You should be able to easily/quickly flick through the photos, I would
want to do this on the keyboard(right/left perhaps) and have my mouse ready
to click around JOSM to tag something up or draw the road.
- It would also be helpful to be able to click on the map and the photo jump
to that spot, even for the non-mapping version of your photos (Google
StreetView does this).
-- In addition to that, a permanent link to where you are currently looking
would be good. And a brilliant way to make it viral if this is going to be a
public website thing like Google StreetView. It also helps when a mapper has
a problem or query, to be able to send the mailing list a link to what they
are trying to map.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com