[OSM-dev] duplicate nodes

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Wed Sep 24 10:08:23 BST 2008

resending also to DEV
----------------------------

hi,

Is there a script to remove duplicate nodes from an OSM file?

I'm in the process of importing the whole dataset of italian borders.

I exported the data from GML to OSM, but due to the way data are
stored in the original SHP file, I end up having some nodes declared
twice: the last node of a way is the first one of the next chunk of
border (a way is the single geometrical place where two distincts
municipalities border).

These nodes (last and first) are declared twice, I need them to be
declared once, then referenced whenever necessary.

is there something already cooked that does just this?

my file is 55MB...

thanks,

-S