[OSM-dev] JOSM: Several tags with same key

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 19:14:25 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:
> Eddy Petrișor wrote:
>> Stefan de Konink a scris:

more structure in the tagging scheme might stifle innovation and the
ability of non-technical people to extend the taggable features. i
think its better to describe the tags which are actually in use,
rather than proscribe the tags which are allowed.

>>> Still will probably still not render the right icons (aligned) at the
>>> same place. Maybe the hole discussion amenity discussion could be solved
>>> by going boolean; amenity:hotel = true etc.
>>
>> This sounds like a good idea until you realise people could tag
>> amenity:hotel = no
>
> highway = no is possible too ;)

and highway=hotel, but this is a property of any non-fixed ontology. :-)

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> gastronomy for all kind of beergardens, restaurants, cafes, bars,
> fast_food and the like

how do i tag my cafe-restaurant or beergarden with a burger bar? it
has just the same problems.

maybe what we need is an "amenities" tag specifically for multiple
co-located amenities?

cheers,

matt