[OSM-dev] Tiles not refreshing

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 22:10:10 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 22:54 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope I've choosen right mailing list.
>
> Yesterday I edited part of map, mostly adding new roads. After over
> 24h slippy map doesn't contain my changes. Moreover I noticed that
> matching tile as dirty doesn't work.
>
> For example let's use:
> http://b.tile.openstreetmap.org/18/144049/86294.png
> http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.249444&lon=17.821758&zoom=18
>
> Please see attached PNG to compare JOSM to slippy map. The road on
> slippy map is not updated and I can't match tile as dirty:
> > wget -O - http://b.tile.openstreetmap.org/18/144049/86294.png/status 2>/dev/null
> Tile is clean. Last rendered at Wed Apr 08 10:25:30 2009
> > wget -O - http://b.tile.openstreetmap.org/18/144049/86294.png/dirty 2>/dev/null
> Tile submitted for rendering
> > wget -O - http://b.tile.openstreetmap.org/18/144049/86294.png/status 2>/dev/null
> Tile is clean. Last rendered at Wed Apr 08 10:25:30 2009

The weekly reload of the Mapnik postgresql database is happening at the
moment. This prevents any rendering or updates to the tile clean/dirty
state until it is complete.

The reload should be complete in a couple of hours but it may still take
a day or two to render your changes since lots of tile will be queued
for rendering.

  Jon