[OSM-dev] Server 0.6 doesn't answer ...

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:10:08 BST 2009

2009/4/10 Till Harbaum / Lists <lists at harbaum.org>:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> osm2go now seems to work fine with the test server. I have not tested this
> very much and will do so the next days. But so far libcurl and your
> server seem to cooperate nicely.

Fantastic, I did have some worries a while ago whether the requests
were getting through to the code properly. The upstream mod_rails
upgrade seems to have fixed this nicely.

> Are the error messages documented somewhere? I had the problem with
> the 0.5 server that some error messages were plain ascii text while some
> were html. Do you return all error messages in some standard format?

Errors are either caught and handled by the OSM software, or not at
all and thus caught by Ruby and handled by Rails.
When handled by us, I believe we try and return a plain text error
message and appropriate status code.
When it's a Ruby/Rails exception, it's probably going to return a
stack trace in html (focused towards browser use), and the 500
internal server error status code.

Regards,
Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)