[OSM-dev] Fwd: Mobile Phone Audio Mapping Tool?

Graham Jones (Physics) grahamjones at physics.org
Fri Apr 10 22:52:56 BST 2009

I think I am making progress using GPSMid for audio mapping, but still
having a few problems if anyone can help....

I have got GPSMid to record individual audio clips on demand, and produce a
GPX waypoint when you record the clip.
I can then export the GPX file and the audio files (amr format) to my PC.
A little python script puts the required <link href=....> tags in the GPX
file, and converts them to wav format using ffmpeg.

When I import my GPX file into josm, it displays audio icons at the correct
location, but when I click on them I get an error message saying "Error
Playing Sound:  <filename>". Where <filename> is the name of the file I
clicked on (without full path).  However, when you hit ok to accept the
error dialog the file plays correctly...

To make this work I had to include the full path to the .wav files in the
<link> tags, otherwise it wouldn't play at all.

A typical waypoint looks like:
<wpt lat='54.698402' lon='-1.2252716'>
<name>AudioMarker-GpsMid-2009-04-10_12-13-42</name>
<link
href="file:///home/disk2/OSM/OSM/Hartlepool_10apr2009/gpsmid-2009-04-10_12-13-42.wav">audio</link>
</wpt>

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong to generate this error please?
Also, I would prefer to be able to use relative paths rather than absolute
ones, so any pointers to what to change in josm would be appreciated.  I am
using the latest version of josm, from svn this evening.

Regards

Graham.

email: grahamjones139 at gmail.com