[OSM-dev] Server 0.6 doesn't answer ...

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 13:25:29 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Till Harbaum / Lists
<lists at harbaum.org> wrote:
> But the changeset ids may grow much faster and 2 billion updates may be
> reached pretty soon. Should we be using 64 bit integers for ids already?

according to my test migrations there are about 350,000 changesets in
the full OSM history. so they might not grow as fast as all that. if
we assume exponential growth as a worst-case scenario then we won't
hit 2^32 changesets for about 6 years, which should be enough time to

cheers,

matt