[OSM-dev] contribution and usage of maps

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Apr 21 08:56:39 BST 2009

El Martes, 21 de Abril de 2009, Simone Cortesi escribió:
> > 2.       How can we use openstreetmap data and maps on our server?
>
> you can deploy your own version of our system (it's GPL):
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_your_own_tiles

... or in any other fashion, not necessarily in a slippy map. You can convert
the OSM data into shapefiles and use them in a traditional GIS. Or put them
in a mapserver or mapbender. You can put it into your own navigation device.
You can use it for data analysis and cross-referencing. Or whatever.

Really, you can use OSM data any way you want.

--

La lógica es buena para razonar, pero mala para vivir.- Remy de Gourmont