[OSM-dev] Current planet file is broken

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Apr 24 08:07:54 BST 2009

Hi,

Matt Amos wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> This is due to a bug in the planet dump script which I have fixed (review
>> before use, please).
>
> d'oh :-)

,-)

Unfortunately my fix doesn't fix it either; Osmosis now complains that

SEVERE: Thread for task 3-read-xml-0.6 failed
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: The member type
Way is not recognised.
         at
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.xml.v0_6.impl.MemberTypeParser.parse(MemberTypeParser.java:40)

This is obviously because the member types are now capitalised (Node,
Way, Relation) instead of the old node, way, relation. It's the same
problem that Potlatch has run into after the upgrade, I believe.

(How does Osmosis produce the daily diffs then, I wonder?)

A fixed "fixplanet.gz" is available in the same location...

I assume that there will be a number of other downstream programs that
break when being confronted with Node, Way, and Relation - should we
perhaps simply change that back to lowercase in the database?

(Note that "we" in the last sentence does not really mean "we" but
rather "you" ;-)

Bye
Frederik