[OSM-dev] Osmosis pk_users (was Re: Postgres - installing gist?)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Apr 26 17:54:59 BST 2009

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> If you used the installer for Mac OS X the file is located at:
> [...]

Brilliant, thanks. :)

I'm now having problems trying to populate the db from a planet file using
Osmosis:

osmosis --read-xml-0.6 file="great_britain.osm.bz2" --write-pgsql-0.6
host="localhost" database="openstreetmap" user="openstreetmap"
password="openstreetmap" validateSchemaVersion=no

gives this error:

SEVERE: Thread for task 1-read-xml-0.6 failed
com.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Unable to execute
statement.
[...]
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: constraint "pk_users"
does not exist

Any Osmosis experts know what I'm doing wrong?

cheers
Richard