[OSM-dev] Cloudmade routing for OSM rails_port site.

Floris Looijesteijn osm at floris.nu
Mon Apr 27 13:20:42 BST 2009

I think it's f-ing great! The long distance routes it generates are really
good. The 1 hour trip to my parents generates exactly the route i'm always
taking.

Routes inside my hometown (Leiden) could use some improvement.
It would be better if it would prefer to take tertiary a little more.
One 1.3 km route now takes 9 turns right through the citycenter.
If it were to take 2 nearby tertiary roads the number of turns would be
reduced to 4. I think the distance would be a little bit (200m?) longer
but it will certainly be quicker. I have it set at 'fastest' route.

Greetings,
Floris