[OSM-dev] Can SQLite3 handle OSM 150G data file?

Tomas Kolda kolda at web2net.cz
Wed Apr 29 08:21:42 BST 2009

Hi,

I will post something, but now I'm not at home. So maybe today night.
But Dane wrote me about sqlite support in mapnik, so you can try that:

Are you aware we have a postgres -> sqlite converter in mapnik?
https://trac.mapnik.org/browser/trunk/utils/pgsql2sqlite

It requires the postgis and sqlite plugins:

https://trac.mapnik.org/browser/trunk/plugins/input

Just build mapnik with:

$ python scons/scons.py INPUT_PLUGINS=all PGSQL2SQLITE=True

I have been hand converting the XML, a scripted approach would be cool.

Dane

<https://trac.mapnik.org/browser/trunk/utils/pgsql2sqlite>I don't thing
that it is usable for me, because I do not like to convert something
many times to get the result. But I do not know about it (I played with
it half year ago, so maybe it did not exists yet).

Tomas