[OSM-dev] uploading GPX via the API

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Apr 30 23:33:43 BST 2009

Hi,

> Has the GPX upload method in the API been disabled in 0.6? Shame if
> it has

There is nothing in the code to suggest that it has.

> Having looked at the specs for 0.5 and 0.6 versions of the API, it seems the
> POST method for a GPX file has been disabled

That must be an omission on the part of the writer(s) of the Wiki
documentation then.

I have a hunch that the following line of code in the DirectUpload source...

private static final String API_VERSION = "0.5";

... might have been responsible for the malfunction ;-) fixed and
rebuilt; try and update your plugins from within JOSM (might take a few
minutes until the plugin list catches the new version number) and report
whether it works now!

Bye
Frederik