[OSM-dev] strange Osmosis/XML/...? problem yesterday

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Aug 17 13:21:47 BST 2009

Stephan Knauss wrote:
> Brett Henderson wrote:
>> I was able to avoid the bug by using the Woodstox StAX XML parser.
>
> JOSM suffers from the same problem.
> Look here:
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/josm-dev/2009-August/003268.html
>
> It happens with the xerces bundled with java. Using a more recent
> xerces resolves the problem.
>
> Can you try using XercesImpl 2.9.1? Supply the jar on the classpath.
> java.exe -cp xercesimpl.jar org.apache.xerces.impl.Version
> Xerces-J 2.9.1
Yep, Xerces 2.9.1 fixes the problem (I accidentally replied to the JOSM
list earlier today instead of dev).

Osmosis has been updated to include XercesImpl 2.9.1 as a new dependency.

I've submitted a bug report at bugs.sun.com.  It hasn't been reviewed
yet so hasn't been assigned a bug number (or rejected) yet.