[OSM-dev] First experience

Dennie.nl dennie.nl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:06:06 BST 2009

Hello,

Here are my 2 cents:

Environment: Windows XP, First time user of Ruby, MySQL 5.1
About ruby rails_port:
* After installing ruby and downloading the SVN rails_port, ruby could not
execute rake, this was because of the cygwin environment I was in. From cmd
it worked.
* After running rake db:migrate it complains about "undefined method each
for #<Mysql.. " this is an issue with a mysql dll mismatch. Downloading
libmysql.dll from
http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/InstantRails-win/InstantRails/mysql/bin/libmySQL.dlland
placing it in <ruby_home>\bin solves the problem.
* When running rake db:migrate I get the exception running migration 35,
removing a constraint on the users table. After commenting out this code
element (#remove_foreign_key :users, [:locale], :languages, [:code]) ,
db:migrate continued.

About osmosis (I can't get this working) using: partial planet.osm file from
the benelux.
* A lot of constraints errors:
  - unique user_name_index in table users
 - Duplicate entry '37847304-2-court' for key 'PRIMARY' /
OsmosisRuntimeException: Unable to bulk insert way tags into the database

I don't know if this is the right place to ask Osmosis questions, but some
help would be appreciated.

Greetz, Dennie