[OSM-dev] Incomplete Mapnik rendering

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 22 18:23:47 BST 2009

Cornelius wrote:

> I've checked out osm2pgsql and mapnik from svn and called osm2pgsql

When you say you checked out mapnik from svn, you mean the mapnik
directory from OSM's SVN repo? With osm.xml in there, for instance? In
that case, that's just one half of what's commonly known as 'mapnik' in
the OSM community.

The other half of 'mapnik' is the actual renderer software, which needs
to be at a reasonably current version as well, to work with the current
osm.xml and osm2pgsql.

> But I don't understand what I have to do. Why does the function
> asbinary() have no parameter?

That's a typical error when your mapnik (the renderer, not the directory
with osm.xml) is too old. Try upgrading that one to 0.6.1 or compile it
from the SVN repo at http://svn.mapnik.org/trunk/

--
Lennard