[OSM-dev] info about osmosis scripts

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Dec 3 11:44:01 GMT 2009

I'm not sure about the best way to document these to be honest.  They've
accumulated over time.  But in case it helps, some comments are below.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. <
marco.lechner at fossgis.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there  (somewhere in the wiki or wherever) information about what is
> done by which of the scripts in the osmosis scripts folder?
> Especially since api0.6 I'm loosing task. And if there's akind of little
> documentation I don't have to open all the files and interpret the SQl
> od script-ciode to find out what is done by each of them.
>
> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/fix_line_endings.sh

Used by me during development to add the correct subversion properties to
text files.  This is necessary for test data in particular which must have
different line endings for Linux and Windows.

/osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/pgsql_simple_schema_0.6.sql

Described at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#PostGIS_Tasks

> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/contrib/dump_apidb.sh
> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/contrib/CreateGeometryForWays.sql
>
> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/contrib/apidb_0.6_osmosis_xid_indexing.sql

A patch to the production schema for adding an index to a transaction id
column.  This is not required by most users unless they wish to use osmosis
replication for reading changes out of their database.

> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/contrib/apidb_0.6.sql

A script for creating the production API database schema.  This is a number
of versions behind real production because I don't have a working rails
installation at the moment.  Only provided here for convenience.

> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/contrib/replicate_osm_file.sh

A simple script for automating the patching of a local OSM extract using
diffs.

> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/pgsql_simple_schema_0.6_linestring.sql

Described at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#PostGIS_Tasks

> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/pgsql_simple_load_0.6.sql

Described at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#PostGIS_Tasks

> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/pgsql_simple_schema_0.6_action.sql

Described at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#PostGIS_Tasks

> /osm/applications/osmosis-0.31.2/script/pgsql_simple_schema_0.6_bbox.sql

Described at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#PostGIS_Tasks

Hope that helps,
Brett