[OSM-dev] Polygon buffer tool (for Osmosis)

Frank Steggink steggink at steggink.org
Fri Dec 11 02:40:39 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've created a small Python tool which buffers the polygon in a polygon
file (for Osmosis), and creates a new polygon file. It can be found
here: [1]. For the buffering PostGIS is used. All Canadian polygon files
from [2] have been tested and are working.

Requirements: Python (2.6, but 2.5 likely works too), PostGIS (1.3+),
PyGreSQL
More info can be found in the file itself, or by typing "./polybuffer.py
-h" in the command prompt.

Please let me know any issues you experience with this tool.

Cheers,

Frank

[1]
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/osm-extract/polygons/polybuffer.py