[OSM-dev] Polygon buffer tool (for Osmosis)

steggink at steggink.org steggink at steggink.org
Fri Dec 11 20:39:35 GMT 2009

Quoting Marcus Wolschon <marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com>:

> It's a python-script. How would you like
> to do that "inside osmosis"?

Hi Marcus,

What Emilie probably meant was that it would be a good idea to accept
the buffering distance as an argument in Osmosis, so that Osmosis
would apply the buffering before using the polygon to extract
features. It would be necessary to do this by JTS or by another
geometry library which can do the buffering.

Since I'm not a Java programmer, I haven't done that, but otherwise I
might have given that a try.

Frank