[OSM-dev] Importing planet file with osmosis into PostgreSQL

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 13 10:32:59 GMT 2009

Hi,

Frank Bielig wrote:
> I want to setup up an own OSM server as a mirror. Therefore I downloaded
> the planet file (2009/12/02) and used osmosis for import with following
> command line:

The planet files do not have referential integrity. Because the ways are
dumped long after the nodes, if someone creates a new way plus new nodes
some time during the planet dump creation, the new way will be in the
dump but the new nodes will not.

You can most likely fix that issue by taking the daily diff from the day
the planet file was created and applying it to the planet file with
Osmosis, and then import the resulting, amended planet file.

Bye
Frederik