[OSM-dev] Importing planet file with osmosis into PostgreSQL

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun Dec 13 12:41:55 GMT 2009

There are some additional hints on the following wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik#Loading_Data

I'm sure other people on the list will be able to add more than me on tuning postgres. You should expect it to take a day or two to load if the disks are slow. There are a few discussions in the archives that may be of some help to you.

Shaun