[OSM-dev] Delete a node

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:36:51 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 19:23, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <avarab at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 17:54, hy-soft <hy-soft at sha-mash.de> wrote:
>> > the wiki says:
>> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6
>> >
>> > Delete: DELETE /api/0.6/[node|way|relation]/#id
>> >
>> > Expects a valid XML representation of the element to be deleted.
>> > ---
>> > What exactly does the term 'valid XML representation of the element'
>> > mean?
>> >
>> > Is it the same what I would get when downloading the item?
>>
>> The API docs suck,
>>
> I beg to differ. The API 0.6 docs are quite good.

You may think so, but obviously they aren't good enough to prevent
questions such as the one that started this thread.

Hence my suggestion to do as more mature editors do when in doubt.

Obviously they aren't hopeless in all cases, but I've frequently run
into areas where it has been more useful to just read the source /
network sniff than try to figure out what they're talking about.