[OSM-dev] Open changeset(s) with potlatch

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 23:12:44 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 17:52, hy-soft <hy-soft at sha-mash.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just noticed that if you open Potlatch and skip to another tab above
> [view|edit|history|export]
> a new changeset is opened each time - even if you have saved your editings.
>
> Maybe it's not important (and I actually don't care) but people might
> find it annoying to have lots of changesets still open though the actual
> work is saved.

In save mode potlatch opens a changeset every time you click "save"
and keeps it open for subsequent saves within the same Potlatch
session, but of course if you navigate away from Potlatch you stop the
flash player it's using & destroy the state. So if you go from
Potlatch/edit -> History -> Potlatch/edit -> View -> Potlatch/edit ->
export you'll end up with 3 open changesets.

I don't think Potlatch has support for using existing open changesets
on the server like say JOSM, but you can work around this by opening
view/edit/history/export in a new tab instead of navigating away from
Potlatch.