[OSM-dev] Timestamps

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 16 16:40:42 GMT 2009

On 16/12/09 16:24, hy-soft wrote:

> For several reasons I am not permanently up to date with osm.
> Revently I noticed that (obviously due to changes from api) the
> timestamp is handled differently and set to the upload date-time after
> creating a node/relation/way.

As opposed to what? A timestamp specified in the uploaded XML file?

That has (as far as I know) always been the case - any timestamp in the
uploaded XML is discarded. Certainly I believe API's 0.4 to 0.6 have
worked in that way, which covers the last couple of years.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/