[OSM-dev] set-mapnik-env stage of rendering tiles

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 17 17:13:27 GMT 2009

Kuba Z. wrote:
> Hi Ingo,
> Thank you for reply.
> In fact there was some typo in my osm-template.xml. I used the freshly
> downloaded file now but the result is just the same (blank osm.xml).

There are two things going on here:

1) You downloaded the wrong mapnik. You mentioned an include file with
*.hpp files. That's the mapnik software repository. What you need to
render the 'mapnik' map from osm.org is actually another repository:

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/

2) You're working from outdated guides on the wiki, that haven't been
updated to reflect the new method of setting up the stylesheet for your
environment. You don't need the osm-template.xml anymore.

Read http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/README
and the generate_xml.py script.

--
Lennard