[OSM-dev] X_HTTP_METHOD_OVERRIDE

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:16:39 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM, hy-soft <hy-soft at sha-mash.de> wrote:
> Has anybody tried this workaround as descibed in the api page of the
> wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6
> ?

it works fine for me. see
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1168959/history which
is a node i created with JOSM and deleted using curl. :-)

> I can not get it to work, neither with curl
> which hasn't implemented a delete Method, so I tried
> X_HTTP_METHOD_OVERRIDE: DELETE
>
> curl -v  -G -H "X_HTTP_METHOD_OVERRIDE: DELETE" -T DOSM0134.XML
> "http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/595647268"

that's not the command listed on the wiki page. the command listed
there (updated for delete) is:
curl -v -v -u username:password -d @node.osm -H
"X_HTTP_METHOD_OVERRIDE: DELETE"
"http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/1168959"

where node.osm contains the node xml downloaded from
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/1168959 modified to
reference the correct changeset, which i also opened with curl.

cheers,

matt