[OSM-dev] Forget my last post ...

hy-soft hy-soft at sha-mash.de
Fri Dec 18 23:27:49 GMT 2009

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Would it be possible if you could please post the answer so that if someone else comes across the problem the solution is documented?

If you have any idea as to where I could usefully post (wiki??)
sourcecode for pascal-programmers, just let me know.
-------------------------------cut-------------------------------
-----------------------------yIdHttpExt.pas----------------------
{
Pascal Users / Users of Indy-Library may use this descendant instead of
a TidHTTP-Object
in order to communicate with openstreetmap-servers/api
}

unit yIdHttpExt;

interface
uses
    IdHTTP,classes,sysutils,
    IdHeaderList;
type
    yIdHTTP = class(TIdHTTP)
        private
        published
        public

            function DoYDelete(AURL:
string;strRequest,strAnswer:tFileStream):string;
    end;
implementation

function yIdHTTP.DoYDelete(AURL:
string;strRequest,strAnswer:tFileStream):string;
begin
    ProtocolVersion := pv1_1;
    httpOptions := httpOptions + [hoKeepOrigProtocol];
    try
        result := '';
        request.CustomHeaders.add('X_HTTP_METHOD_OVERRIDE: DELETE');

        self.DoRequest(Id_HTTPMethodPost,AURL,strRequest,NIL,[]);
        result := self.Responsetext;

    except
        on e:exception do
            result := e.message;