[OSM-dev] Osm2pgsql - Planet.osm fail - "Unknown Element name : changeset"

Quy phan quyminhphan at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 22 21:51:55 GMT 2009

Hey Peter, I got your Centos Binary, changemod it, got it to run,
but when i run it, i get an error:
$ ./osm2pgsql-r19130-centos5
./osm2pgsql-r19130-centos5: error while loading shared libraries: libgeos-3.1.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

complaning about libgeos and cannot open the shared object file,
I tried doing yum install geos
any good step by step instructions for centos out there on how to configure osm2pgsql to work
and it said I got the latest version, any help would be much appreciated, thank you!